As an integral member of our operation, you will be the puppeteer if you will. Ensuring our drivers have everything they need throughout their shifts, it is you who makes sure our pick-ups and deliveries occur on time and that our customer’s experience is a seamless one. Every day is a different day and although you will be juggling everything behind the scenes from flat tires, to accidents, to employee tardiness, you will do so with positivity and ease; no one will be the wiser as you make this look easy.
We are a team of fast movers and thinkers driving a superior experience for our customers. Our team is collaborative, thoughtful, and vocal. Each and every member of our team approaches their work with passion and dedication knowing that the work they do every day is integral to the success of our business.
- You will be the point person for our fleet of drivers throughout their shift.
- Confirm that all drivers are here and on time, in trucks and on the road according to our schedules. This includes the beginning of the day and our midday shift changes.
- Assist with errors that occur throughout the shift to include but not limited to: invalid scans, bag status, change of bags, and managing events.
- Report if our drivers are not following protocol: not wearing their uniform, not scanning bags properly, not well versed in the equipment ins and outs and/or company processes, etc.
- Provide virtual troubleshooting assistance related to equipment, vehicle, customer or on the road issues (ex. Traffic).
- Provide timely, professional and helpful communication with drivers in chat (ex. inclement weather conditions, special events, road closures, etc.).
- Provide real-time customer support and direct the drivers to that end.
- Act as training or re-training enforcers for those who have questions on company policies and procedures.
- Handle locker check; hand out and in-take equipment at the beginning and end of every shift.
- Ensure all of our customer bags are where they should be at all times throughout the shift.
- Act as a liaison between FlyCleaners Management and our partners and customers.
- Communicate with vendors about expected bag counts, drop off times, pick up times, etc.
- Communication with all branches of FlyCleaners — drivers, upper management, vendors/partners, customers, etc.
- Reveal the pain points of our company. What are the issues and struggles you face during the shift in regards to drivers, customers, vendors, or our technology.
- Technologically savvy: you will be juggling several chats, a web map showing numerous events, as well as documentation and emailing wraps throughout the organization.
- Clear, timely and professional communication skills.
- Multi-tasking and prioritization, stress management, organizational and creative problem-solving skills.
- A get things done mentality and the ability to handle and control pressure, occasionally at extreme levels.
- Ability to work well with other team members across different departments within the company.
- A unique ability to balance cost against effort and the resulting customer and organizational experience.
- Valid NY state drivers license.
Good to know
- We are located in Long Island City near several subway lines and just over the Queensboro Bridge.
- Snacks, snacks, snacks.
- With both our corporate office and operational team in the same building we have the opportunity intermingle with departments throughout the company.
- We operate 7 days a week and are currently looking for someone who is flexible.
Your life is modern, sleek and humming along but when it comes to cleaning your clothes, it's still the same old process. We built FlyCleaners to make your life easier via a few simple swipes of our app. You will gain back your personal time in no time. No more wasting away at the laundromat or rushing home to get to the cleaners just to find they are closed.
Since November of 2013 FlyCleaners has been providing "at your door" service, usually within 30 minutes. Our customers are able to schedule instant pickups and deliveries, set up their preferences, check on the status of their clothes and review their orders all through their smartphone.
Send either a Resume, CV, Short Summary Statement, Cover Letter, or a combination of them all to us. Thanks and looking forward to learning more about you!Apply for this position