We are looking for a lead to join us as an integral part in our overnight operation. You will be responsible for a team of associates who will be sorting, loading and unloading bags preparing our inventory for the following day to meet our customer’s expectations.
We are a team of fast movers and thinkers driving a superior experience for our customers. Our team is collaborative, thoughtful, and vocal. Each and every member of our team approaches their work with passion and dedication knowing that the work they do every day is integral to the success of our business.
- Ensuring our staff of associates are here on time and prepared for their tasks daily.
- Sort and organize bags that were removed from the trucks overnight.
- Sort and organize bags that were dropped off from our laundry vendor.
- Sort and organize bags that were dropped off from our dry cleaning vendor.
- Ensure all customer bags are organized in a timely fashion, are in the proper location and the bags have all the tags/receipts visible and the bags are in good condition.
- Reconcile the Dry Cleaning drop overnight checking to make sure our records match our vendors records.
- Weigh laundry bags, record the weight, and print receipts for all our customer orders.
- Load and unload our trucks with orders for our fleet of drivers to make timely deliveries and pickups.
- Ensure all trucks are stocked with prepared clean bag bundles allowing our fleet to make new customer pickups at all times.
- Perform truck inventory for each truck updating our inventory records and ensuring accuracy throughout.
- Ensure all our customer bags are properly tagged and identifiable.
- Ensure all information is up to date and reconciled solving any issues that may arise during the shift.
- Ensure all tasks are completed within their allotted time.
- Keep a clean and tidy space to ensure an efficient flow for our team.
- A natural ability to lead by example.
- 1 yr of supervisory experience or experience of varied responsibility.
- A thoughtful leader with the ability to give clear direction and support.
- Team player with organizational skills.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Technologically savvy.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills - Can think on the fly balancing organizational and customer needs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Physically able to move quickly lifting and moving upwards of 100+ bags weighing upwards of 60lb.
- Complete overnight availability is required.
- Attention to detail is crucial. You will be responsible for inventory accuracy which is paramount to our organizational success and our customer experience.
Good to know
- We are located in Long Island City near several subway lines and just over the Queensboro Bridge.
- Snacks, snacks, snacks.
- With both our corporate office and operational team in the same building we have the opportunity intermingle with departments throughout the company.
- We operate 7 days a week and are currently looking for someone who is flexible with availability overnight.
Your life is modern, sleek and humming along but when it comes to cleaning your clothes, it's still the same old process. We built FlyCleaners to make your life easier via a few simple swipes of our app. You will gain back your personal time in no time. No more wasting away at the laundromat or rushing home to get to the cleaners just to find they are closed.
Since November of 2013 FlyCleaners has been providing "at your door" service, usually within 30 minutes. Our customers are able to schedule instant pickups and deliveries, set up their preferences, check on the status of their clothes and review their orders all through their smartphone.
Send a Resume, CV, Cover Letter, or a combination of them all to us. We look forward to learning more about you!Apply for this position