Seeking an organized and energetic lead/senior full stack engineer to join a small team in developing front- and back-end systems and system integrations. You must be dedicated to consistent programming styles and data structures while developing usable and efficient mobile apps and front-end applications in Angular, built on Python/Django APIs, on top of an AWS-hosted MySQL and server infrastructure. You will be tasked with small and large improvements on a live system dedicated to customer services — all focused on timely pickup, cleaning, and delivery of laundry and dry cleaning. As lead/senior engineer you will be in charge of guiding UI/UX for the organization, including but not limited to constantly improving the conversion funnel via feature and UI changes on the iOS and Android apps used by customers.
FlyCleaners is an on-demand, mobile-based service that provides laundry and dry cleaning services via iOS & Android apps. Customers make a request for pickup and one of our driver grabs the dirty clothes as late as 11pm and returns the next morning with fresh, clean laundry. Benefits include health care, dental, FSA, pre-tax transit contributions, generous vacation and work from home policies, everflowing cold brew coffee, and the ability to work with a great dedicated and fun team mocking up ideas around whiteboards or discussing strategy at the bumper pool table.
Position Details and Qualifications
- Problem solver mentality with focus on quality, both in hands-on development as well as in code reviews and functional reviews.
- 5+ years web and app development experience. FlyCleaners uses Swift and Java for app development, Angular and standard HTML/JS/CSS for front-end development, and Python, Django, MySQL, Node.js, and MongoDB for back-end development. Any strong experience with other back-end or front-end frameworks or platforms will be considered (Rails, React, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience in guiding UI/UX for projects, including but not limited to maintaining brand styles throughout mobile apps and web applications + constantly improving the core app conversion funnel via feature and UI changes on the iOS and Android apps used by customers.
- Experience developing apps for mobile and tablet platforms on either or both of iOS and Android (iOS development skills in Swift a must have. Objective-C skills a bonus). Most development will be done by our external vendors, but some native app development skill is desired for anything from tweaking copy and UI elements to rapid bug fixes up to full-scale feature development in tandem with the remote team.
- Reviewing (QAing) both code and functionality and *owning* the app and customer experience is vital to this front-end role.
- A firm grasp on app, application, and website analytics driven by KPIs is ideal using 3rd party tools such as Google Analytics, Amplitude, AppsFlyer, Mixpanel or similar. Conversion funnel optimization experience would preferred.
- Strong, object-oriented and/or event-driven programming skills with a scripting language (Angular, React, Python, Perl, Ruby, PHP).
- Experience with using and creating RESTful API systems. Use of 3rd-party mapping and geocoding APIs ideal.
- Development experience with SQL databases preferred, bonus if MySQL or Postgres. Excellent if you have done data modeling or for NoSQL experience, especially on MongoDB.
- App Store management experience is preferred, inclusive of coordinating with marketing and customer support for App Store copy, keywords, and media.
- Work well in a high output, short-cycle Agile or continuous release environment.
- Source code control (Git, SVN) proficiency in team environments.
- Comfort with ambiguous/undefined problems. Ability to think abstractly. We whiteboard profusely.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Passionate about the work you do and invested in the products you create. Release time is just the beginning.
Completed Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, or technical discipline or equivalent years of work experience.
Send either a Resume, CV, Short Summary Statement, Cover Letter, or a combination of them all to us. Thanks and looking forward to learning more about you!Apply for this position