You will be the all star of our overnight sorting team which is responsible for our inventory accuracy to optimize routing for our customers. This will include loading and unloading bags weighing upwards of 60lbs and organizing them on the correct vehicles to route to our customers in the most efficient way.
We are a team of fast movers and thinkers driving a superior experience for our customers. Our team is collaborative, thoughtful, and vocal. Each and every member of our team approaches their work with passion and dedication knowing that the work they do every day is integral to the success of our business.
- Sort and prepare bags that were removed from our vehicles at the end of the shift.
- Sort and prepare bags that were dropped off from our laundry vendors.
- Sort and prepare bags that were dropped off from our dry cleaning vendor.
- Ensure all customer bags are organized in a timely fashion, are in the proper location and the bags have all the tags/receipts visible and the bags are in good condition.
- Reconcile the Dry Cleaning drop overnight checking to make sure our records match our vendors records.
- Weigh all dirty laundry bags, record the weight, and print receipts for all our customer orders.
- Load and unload our trucks with orders for our fleet of drivers to make timely deliveries and pickups.
- Ensure all trucks are stocked with prepared clean bag bundles allowing our fleet to make new customer pickups at all times.
- Perform truck inventory for each truck updating our inventory records and ensuring accuracy throughout.
- Team player with organizational skills.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills - can think on the fly balancing organizational and customer needs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Technology savvy and ability to use advance technology to complete tasks and solve issues.
- Physically able to move quickly lifting and moving upwards of 100+ bags weighing upwards of 60lb.
- Flexibility is always a plus but open availability for overnights is absolutely required.
- Attention to detail is crucial. You will be responsible for inventory accuracy which is paramount to our organizational success and our customer experience.
Good to know
- We are located in Long Island City near several subway lines and just over the Ed Koch Bridge.
- Snacks, snacks, snacks.
- With both our corporate office and operational team in the same building we have the opportunity intermingle with departments throughout the company.
- We operate 7 days a week and are currently looking for someone who is flexible with availability overnight.
Your life is modern, sleek and humming along but when it comes to cleaning your clothes, it's still the same old process. We built FlyCleaners to make your life easier via a few simple swipes of our app. You will gain back your personal time in no time. No more wasting away at the laundromat or rushing home to get to the cleaners just to find they are closed.
Since November of 2013 FlyCleaners has been providing "at your door" service, usually within 30 minutes. Our customers are able to schedule instant pickups and deliveries, set up their preferences, check on the status of their clothes and review their orders all through their smartphone.